Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We moved to Michigan in summer of 2005.

The following spring break, we decided to go back for a visit to California. Since it was a quick trip, my parents offered to watch Kayden.

We had a great week, but after two days, I missed him terribly.

That was the last time I left one of the boys for more than one night.

Being away from them right now is brutal.

I miss them so much.

I miss cuddling with them in bed. I miss watching them play outside. I miss bath time. I miss playing Wii with Kayden. I miss being able to pick up Brycer or have him run to me with a great big smile on his face. I miss seeing Kayden 'dive' in the pool.

I miss it all.

Although I know we are in the right place, this is hard.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

After spending six weeks on bed rest in the hospital awaiting Zach's birth, I can so relate to this. I still remember telling Dr. B. that I felt so guilty having my girls at home and me in the hospital and he told me that I was giving them the best gift ever, a sibling. Your boys will not remember the time you "missed" and when they get to hold sweet Tessa for the first time - you will know that you have given them a sister.

Hang in there. Praying. Right now.

Anonymous said...

Cannot imagine how difficult it must be. Praying for you all. May you feel the hands of your Heavenly Father holding you in this difficult place.

Dale Memmelaar said...

Jamie, Thanks for sharing your journey, Thanks for your direction on what to pray for. we will continue to lift you in pray! Healthy Mom, Healthy Tessa!

Dale Memmelaar

Lisa said...

Just a thought, but do you have a laptop with Skype available to you? Skype is a free video chat program! You would be able to see and chat with each other everyday! With my oldest 7 hours away during the school year, it is a great way to stay connected! We have even watched movies "together"! :) Love and prayers to you at this difficult time!

Bonnie Huyser said...

"Don't tell your God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big your God is."

Found this quote from another family that we're following. Thoughts and prayers are sent your way.

The Huysers - DCS Family

Triplet Mom said...

I had my doctors put a note on my door that the interns were not allowed to bother me until after 8am so I could get good sleep. It was so nice! Otherwise they were waking me up to do their rounds! I don't think so!