Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hospital lessons this far

Although we have only been here two weeks, I have learned a few lessons about hospital life.

In random order:

It's just easier to refrain from makeup. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't dream of entertaining visitors without it. Here, oddly enough, I don't really care.

Things can always be worse. The other night, while in labor and delivery, the word commode was uttered. Thank the good Lord, that idea was nixed.

My kids love eating cafeteria food. Pretty sure Josh does, too.

Being bedridden, I make a very captive audience. I won't go into details; let's just say some conversations are fairly one sided. I learned everything there is to know about turkey preparation last week.

If you're here long enough, you get the corner room. The two ahead of me passed; we now reside in the suite.

IV insertion is far more pleasant with lidocaine.

Bedrest is hard. I am sure, from the outside, watching movies all day seems like a blast. And it is. For one day, maybe two. I cannot wait until I am no longer responsible for a life and can walk without tip toeing, shower without rushing.

If I learn more, I will pass it along:-)

6 comments:

grammyjan(mom) said...

Jaime, Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know I check all the time to see if there's a new post! You and your little one continue to be VERY much in my thoughts and prayers! So happy to see she is still "where she belongs"!! I know its hard to be laid up in the hospital when you're really not sick, especially when you have the other little ones who need you. I can only say, remember, "This too shall pass". Those words have gotten me through many times in my life. May the Good Lord hold you, your tiny one, and your family in His hands!!! Best Wishes Always, grammyjan

Jamie said...

Hello! Thanks so much for checking in! We have your precious outfit up here, praying we don't have to use it for her....maybe just a doll for her someday:-)

Thanks again

Michelle said...

So glad you are still there! Every day counts! Almost 26 weeks?!? Praying now (and Alli prays for Tessa every night too)!

Michelle said...

Yay for the corner room! And makeup is overrated! You are beau-ti-ful without it :) praying for a good night for you as I lay down to sleep. You are never far from thought and prayer, friend. Sending love.

Laurie said...

Oh the little commode chair. My sweet grandpa sat on it once during his visit. I didn't have the heart to tell him he was sitting on my potty. :) And really, nothing bonds a couple closer together than a bed pan. Really. Praying for you Bird babes daily!

Rachaelb said...

I was wondering when you would score the corner room...they really are much nicer :)