Saturday, June 25, 2011

A record?

We arrived at St. Mary's to deliver Bryce a little over three years ago.

I had been in labor about four hours when my water broke at home. Upon our admittance, the nurse asked Josh if he needed anything.

"Could I get a pillow and a blanket?" he requested.

10 minutes into the long night stretching before us, Josh was snoring in the corner.

He hates hospitals, and especially labor and delivery.

I sincerely think God has a sense of humor. Our five trips to labor and delivery this time around are penance for past naughty behavior:-)

Around midnight last night, just as my new IV was inserted and I was settling in to sleep, I started having the worst pain.

Tessa was immediately hooked up to the monitor, and she was not in distress. Still, I knew from past experiences that it was my placenta detaching.

"What is the record for trips to labor and delivery?" I asked as I was being wheeled down, yet again.

"You might already have it," my nursed teased.

We are again settled in our room, and trying to catch up on sleep.

Thank you for your continual prayers brought to the throne on our behalf.

No comments: