Thursday, June 16, 2011

I heard the Alleluia chorus as I awoke this morning.

We had a good night.

Other than one bathroom break and one vitals check, I slept from midnight until around eight.

Praise the Lord!

Can I tell you one thing that bugs me, though? In general, before I see people in the morning, I like to be showered and have my teeth brushed at the very minimum.

Doesn't really happen here:-)

Tessa is moving around quite a bit, and I relish those moments. Michelle bought an over the door basketball hoop, so my kids are officially entertained when they are here now.

Prayer requests:

A few more normal nights and days
Tessa's development to be right on track
Kayden and Bryce to adjust easily to the never ending shuffle.

Peace- I admit it, I am scared to know how all this is going to turn out. I want to know, but I don't if it's going to be bad. Laying around all day makes me ripe for overanalyzing. I imagine 100 different scenarios and work through each one wih her and without her. It's maddening.

5 comments:

Charity said...

Jamie,
So thankful for a good nights rest! I have been praying for you and your family since Tessa's diagnosis. (Although we don't know each other, I went to HCHS and was in choir with your FIL, and was good friends with Sarah and Cara VanDam.) I'm partial to your little girl's name...we also have a Tessa, and I was told after she was born that her name also means "fourth child" - which I didn't know when we chose it :) Praying that you'll be pregnant a long time yet!

sally said...

Thank you so much for these updates. I think I look at least 5 times a day. So glad you had a good night sleep. Praying for you, little Tessa, and your men at home. I can't imagine the fear that would creep up, and am praying for peace for you. Tell Josh sorry for my dogs getting your dogs barking! I bet the neighbors are thrilled with us and our yippy dogs! :-) Hang in there! If Josh needs a break, have the boys climb the fence and visit!

Anonymous said...

Praising God with you for a good restful night. He is Good!!!

Continuing to pray for peace that passes all understanding for you. That little Tessa will continue to grow healthy and strong. For Josh and the boys, that they will know the provision of Jehovah Jireh.
Blessings and favor on you all today.

Unknown said...

YAY for sleep!!!! continue to pray and think of you, Josh, KK, Bryce and Tessa often. Love you guys.

Judy said...

Jamie I would be just like you,going over all the different scenarios in my mind,trying to figure it all out. I do that often now with my own problems (small compared to yours.)I will pray for more peace in your heart and mind so you can rest in His arms,His will.He gives grace moment by moment as we need it. I'm so thankful for each quiet day you have and I'm praying for Tessa to keep on developing well. Thinking of you all often.Love you.