Monday, June 6, 2011

False alarm #2?

Nothing about this pregnancy is going to be 'normal'.

At 6:50 this morning, I awoke to a gush of fluid. This could be too much information for some of you, but I also was bleeding.

My mom was already on her way, so I called Natalie to see if she could come early for Bryce. She had already plannied on being here since Kayden's appointment was this morning. My dad left work in Holland to come meet us.

Josh called in a substitute teacher, and we were on our way to meet Dr. Dood downtown.

Have I mentioned how glad I am that we switched OBs?

The fern test for amniotic fluid came up negative.

Next was an ultrasound. My fluid one week ago was 3.5, and today it measured 3.3....so it most likely was not my bag of waters.

Jeff listened to her for a while, and also monitored contractions.

Nothing.

Not really sure what that was from.

Please praise God with me for another false alarm.

Please pray that I can keep Tessa cooking for a whole lot longer!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praising God with you today!!!

Mom

Unknown said...

Praising and praying with you today!!! Thankful the Tessa is staying put for now. :)

Sonny said...

So thankful it was a false alarm! I've been praying for you since I got the call to sub for Josh this morning (unfortunately I couldn't sub today) . . . That Tessa is a fighter!

I'm Angie. said...

hang in there tessa and mama. you are both so strong!!!

Anonymous said...

God is Good! I'm all for believing she is going to LIVE! Remember that even is she lives in Heaven sooner than you would like, she is and will ALWAYS be your precious daughter!
You may want to check out this blog post about anxiety: http://somberanddull.com/2011/06/02/the-most-brilliant-observation/ written by a Florida pastor.

Anonymous said...

I have never met you, you have never met me. My daughter, Jackie, was in Josh's class 3 years ago - WOW! He came to our house with the class to waterski.
But although I haven't met you I want you to know that I pray for you, for Tessa, for your family every morning. You are on our prayer list at Mel Trotter Ministries where I work. I read your blog every day and hold my breath to make sure all is still good. You have been such a blessing to me with your words - your attitude, your compassion, your strength, and your fears. Don't stop believing or hoping that God has a miracle in store for you and know that no matter what happens He has you and your little girl in the palm of His hand. Blessings, Rhonda Van Dyk