Friday, November 12, 2010

YO YO

I swear this process goes up and down more than a yo-yo.

My E2 levels look right on track, so who the heck knows what is going to happen?

I am not good with Math, but let me see if I can explain this.

The dominant follicle should be at 18-20mm before trigger. They grow around 2mm a day. My E2 levels double every two days, and I am trying to trigger before they get to 3000 pm/ml.

Day 5 462
Day 7 1077

If my dominant follie is 16mm tomorrow, then it should be 20mm by Monday. According to E2 numbers (if they maintain the same doubling rate), my E2 would be 4-5000 on Monday. Too high. What they can do is "coast" me. Withdraw the Menopur/Bravelle and then wait for my E2 levels to come down below 3,500. It has been shown that coasting for less than 3 days does not negatively affect the quality of the egg, while helping to reduce the onset of severe OHSS.

I will obviously NOT be doing a fresh transfer, but I am starting to wonder if I will get cancelled this time around or not.

Sheesh. It is so hard to decide.

The BEST case scenario is to have a few frosties to transfer in January. Maybe then I can buy a My baby is "cooler" than yours onesie. A girl can dream.

I am trying my hardest to trust God in the process, knowing that He has and will take care of me.

No comments: