Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Day, Another Drive

Early take off time this morning-8:30am. Had to make sure my bloodwork could get in before the daily cut off.

First, I seriously have the best friends in the whole world. The three people that know what we are going through all e-mailed me today to see what they could do. I am humbled. It honestly made me cry. I am so thankful God has put people in my life that love me like that. I am getting all teary even now!

Eggs are ready to hatch, that is the good news. E2 levels do not look bad- 3642 today. I got the call around 3pm to take one last shot of Bravelle tonight and then my hCG trigger tomorrow night at exactly 10:30pm. SO happy I do not have to go back tomorrow, which was the plan when I left the office today.

Thursday is the day they will retrieve the eggs. I am surprised I actually made it to retrieval with this disaster of a cycle. Now I am hoping I do not fall into the dismal 1% that ovulates before they can retrieve the eggs.

I will not know until Friday/Saturday/Sunday if I will get OHSS. That is probably the second most plaguing question I have tonight.

The most pressing is how many embryos will I have at the end of all of this, and if they will they freeze and unthaw well. The cryopreservation of embryos is so much better than it used to be...but it still is not foolproof or as great as a fresh transfer. I will not do a FET (frozen embryo transfer) until January. Feels like forever and a day away. Although, it is almost better to have this hope through the holidays (provided I have a few to freeze). Had I transferred and not gotten a BFP, I would have been gutted.

FWIW, putting up my Christmas stuff was not a great idea. I am not sure if it is the daily blood draws or the massive amount of eggs I am lugging around, but I got wore out really quickly. I ended up getting sick around 9pm. Now, my house is trashed. Thankfully, I have the next two days to work at getting it picked up and the Christmas stuff finished.

I am in prayer tonight- that I do not ovulate early, that I do not get OHSS, that the eggs turn into great quality embryos and are actually able to be frozen.

No comments: