Friday, November 5, 2010

Another Round of Meds




I thought it would be interesting to take a picture of my nightly med routine.

See those five vials?

One is water, and four are dissolving tablets. You shoot the water with the long needle into one of the dissolving tablets.


You then suck up the water and shoot it into the next one. The tops are designed so that even when you tip it, nothing comes out. It actually is pretty cool...if I did not have to stick myself with it, that is.


I get nervous when I get to dissolving #4, because all the meds are in that one little vial- $700 ($350 out of my pocket, $350 from insurance) by the time I am finished.


I don't even own a coat that costs as much as ONE vial.

Once you suck up all the water, I wipe my skin with alcohol, switch to the smaller needle and hope I don't hit a vein:-)

No comments: