Thursday, November 11, 2010

Google

Sometimes, having information at the stroke of a keyboard is good...sometimes not so good.

I went today for my Day 7 (? cannot remember) ultrasound. I still have 20 eggs in each side. The good news is that they are growing equally, and a fair amount of them should make it to egg retrieval. Whether they will be of great quality or not remains to be seen.

I asked what the chances were I could avoid moderate to severe OHSS, and Dr. S said that he can pretty much guarantee I will get it.

That is where the google finger is not so great.

Reading horror stories of OHSS tonight is making me sick to my stomach.

I am just hoping and praying that it doesn't get bad enough that I need hospitalization. I really do not want to be in the hospital over Thanksgiving.

I hope that I will get SOMETHING out of all this hard work. My biggest fear is to go through all of this and then have nothing to freeze or have everything die in the unfreeze.

SO thankful tonight that I bought the two cycle package. Seeing the train wreck this cycle has been, I would be even more nervous if this was my only shot.

That being said, I am hoping I do not have to go through this again. The driving back and forth by myself all the time gets old.

No comments: