Sunday, May 1, 2011

Surprise and Prayer Requests

Josh's parents had just left, and the kids were being ushered to bed.

That is, after Kayden had tried to measure his man parts with the new tape measure provided in his Easter basket.

My patience was wearing thin. Two hours past their bedtime; both boys were full of the giggles and dragging their feet.

I heard the door open and muffled voices, and whispered to Josh that I think his parents had forgotten something. Looking down the hall, I could see a shadow coming up the stairs.

It took me a minute to realize it was my brother, Nate. He had flown in from Florida to surprise me. I have not seen him since last summer.

After the waterworks on my behalf, he went in to visit....er, tackle....the boys.

"I was dreaming about seeing you and all the sudden my dream came true," Kayden said. Brycer's big smile peeked out from behind his pipey-doo.

It was a great surprise.

Our life is a roller coaster. I find myself crying one minute and laughing the next. I want Monday to come, but dread it at the same time.

Our appointment is at 5pm, which means we probably won't get into the ultrasound until 6:30 or 7.

Prayer Requests:

I would love to know people are praying for us specifically during our appointment.

We are praying that some amount of fluid would be accumulated, the kidneys and bladder are working properly, nothing else is found wrong with the baby, and that this problem is not genetic.

I know. It is a long list. I just want hope that this could possibly turn around, or it is going to be a long pregnancy.

Thank you for the meals brought, the cards sent, and mostly the prayers offered on our behalf. We are clinging to the Great Physician, boldly approaching His throne and pleading for a miracle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow, but especially during your appointment. I pray that you are able to get some sort of piece of mind. I love you always

Lyn said...

Jamie, Josh (and your families). I will be praying for you and especially during your visit on Monday. I know God can do miracles, and I am praying that he will choose to with your baby. Love you guys♥
Aunt Lyn

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

Praying Jamie, praying so hard for you, your family and that precious baby.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying specifically at 5:00 and on....praying for peace thru this all and a tiny miracle!

Love, Joan

Jillian Sandler said...

Jamie,

You have my prayers. Love to you and your family...

Jillian

Anonymous said...

Praying for you right now, Josh and Jaimee!