Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dad's Blog

Thank you, first and foremost, for all the excellent OB recommendations. I am working through the various names, sending out my medical records, and trying to figure out who will take me as a new patient.

Tuesday night was a little all over the place emotionally. You would think, after Monday's excellent appointment, I would have been on a high all day.

For the most part, I was.

Seeing that adorable baby profile made this baby more tangible for me. Truth be told, the previous ultrasounds looked a little alien like. Of course we will love this baby no matter what, it just didn't look all that babyish before.

Now that I can visualize how this baby will look once born, it is making me all that more attached.

All that more resistant to let go.

My dad noticed my sadness, and I explained how I was feeling to him.

Late Tuesday evening, an e-mail popped into my inbox.

Introducing my very first guest blogger, my dad (shared with permission):


Just for the record, I have been reading your blog, so here is my one and only attempt at a blog. We’ll call it DAD’S BLOG.

Why I’m optimistic about this baby.

Let me first say that I am usually optimistic about most things, so it should stand to reason that I would be about this also. Here is why:

In the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20: 4 - 6 it says:

“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.”

I have heard many times when people have said to me that I live a charmed life. I have to agree with them, and I attribute a lot of this charmed life to my dad (your grandpa). For he loved the Lord and I believe my children and I are reaping some of the benefits from this. So my prayer is that now we can have some more of God’s love with this baby.

Also, I believe in miracles. As you stated in your blog, the ‘tumor’ went away when you were young. As Justin Powell would say, “ the unexplainable happened” (His statement for what he wanted Chapel Point to be know for is - ‘where the unexplainable happens’)

I also believe that we have great genes. We will our bodies to get better. I have heard you saying this many times. Telling the baby to grow and fight. I do this when I get sick, I will the white blood cells to ATTACK the virus. Josh’s family must have great genes also; anyone who can survive winter with just shorts and short sleeve shirts must have good immune systems.

So am I optimistic? Of course! I will be until the bitter end. If the Lord decides otherwise, then I will pray for strength to accept His decision. Until that time my motto will be GO FIGHT WIN

LOVE YOU GUYS VERY MUCH


I'd say he did a pretty great job, wouldn't you?

4 comments:

Paula K said...

Jamie,
You have stellar parents; you are so blessed.

STEFFIEJ said...

YOU KNOW I NORMALLY JUST EMAIL YOU IN MY OWN LIL' PRIVATE WAY..BUT THIS ONE HAD TO BE COMMENTED ON..THAT IS SOOOOOO SWEET..AND GLAD YOU SHARED IT ON YOUR BLOG....I HAD A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE WHEN HE TALKED ABOUT JOSH WEARING SHORTS BECAUSE THAT IS SOOOO SCOTT..SNOW CAN BE ON THE GROUND AND THE BOY HAS ON SHORTS!! I LOVE TO SEE PEOPLE THAT STILL BELIEVE IN MIRACLES..AND NOT ONLY JUST MIRACLES..BUT GOD'S MIRACLES..YES THEY DO STILL EXIST..EVERYDAY..AND I BELIEVE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT THIS BABY WILL BE ONE OF GOD'S MIRACLES!! HE WILL PROVE ALL THE STATISTICS WRONG..BECAUSE HE HAS THE POWER TO DO THAT!! LOVE YA GIRL!!!

Bethany said...

Too sweet!

Unknown said...

I love your dad's optimism!