Monday, May 16, 2011

More.

Huddled in our church's prayer room, some of the Godliest women I know lifted this baby up in their prayers last Wednesday for over two hours.

Close friends, students, people we have never met are lifting up this sweet life.

All praying for one thing. More fluid.

There's more.

My single deepest pocket of fluid was 1 cm by 2 cm, and now it is 3 cm by 4 cm.

I can do nothing but thank God for that. On my knees, praise God!

The baby is also measuring right on track.

Thank God.

Thank you, GOD!

It was a long appointment. We did not get back to the ultrasound room until 7:30. I am so thankful my parents have been willing to babysit our kids so I did not have to worry about getting home to get them in bed. I know my dad doesn't read this... so, thanks Mom:-)

Honestly, I did not even ask for a percentage tonight, because I don't want one at this point.

Want to see who you are praying for?




See the cute little foot?

Isn't that the most beautiful thing?

I am in love.

Madly, head over heels in love.

When the ultrasound tech pulled up the profile, tears of joy started falling. We have never got to see a profile before. Even during my earlier ultrasounds.


We are so thankful.

Here's where I still need you, prayer warriors.

There is a long way to go.

First and foremost, I still need more fluid. The baby is moving, and pretty active, but more fluid is needed both for the baby to grow and the lungs to fully function. The risk of pulmonary hypoplasia is still very high.

Second, it has not been confirmed that I am leaking, but it has not been ruled out yet either. Please pray that I am not leaking fluid. A myriad of things can go wrong because of it, and it would be better for both the baby and I if I was not slowly leaking fluid.

There is also a more noticable degree of separation between the chorion and amnion.

Problems caused by this:
1. The placenta could detach
2. My bag of waters could completely rupture
3. The placenta could fail, leading to a fast death to the baby.
4. The placenta could fail, causing the baby to slowly stop growing.

We decided against doing CVS tonight. Josh and I talked it over and did not want to agitate the placenta. We might do it next visit, depending on what the fluid looks like.

Tonight was a reminder of Who is in control. Nothing about this pregnancy has gone according to our plan.

Thank you for your prayers thus far, and please, please, please do not stop praying!


If you do not mind praying for these things specifically:


1. More fluid.


2. No leaking of fluid


3. No placenta problems due to separation


4. The baby to stay put. I need at least 4-5 more weeks to even have a shot at viability.


5. The pulling and pushing to get various views of the baby has made me really sore. I am also praying that the fluid that has accumulated stays put!

What happens from here?

Next week, I go to my regular OB.
Two weeks from now (May 31), I go back to Dr. B for a re-check of fluids and growth.

I cannot thank you enough for your prayer for this sweet life. I appreciate you willing to walk this road with us, and am amazed how one little life has been prayed for and cared about by so many.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big blessings for a little baby! We'll keep on praying :-)

Jessica said...

Jamie!!! Great news!!! I am sooo so thankful for this....please know we are also praying for your sweet little miracle!!!!

Michelle said...

Praising God with you tonight through tears of gratitude and hope!

Judy said...

We are thanking and praising our powerful God along with you! He has answered the prayers of so many!Our prayers,hope and trust in Him continues. Thanks for sharing your awesome news tonight. Your precious baby's U/S is beautiful to see!!

Unknown said...

Love to hear how God is answering prayers. My brother once told me that God is a lamp to our feet, not a spotlight. He only allows us to see what is right in front of our feet, not the entire path. We have to trust him for that. We are praying that God will do immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine!

Julie Hurley said...

Thinking of you Jamie. Your blog is very courageous and your little bean is gorgeous!

natalie said...

Praising God with you! We will continue to pray. Love you!

richvt said...

Wonderful news tonight of more fluid! God is good! Still praying for this miracle! Blessings to all of you:)! The VanTol's

Unknown said...

Heart is full of joy and hope for you, Jamie! Praising God with you. We will continue to lift up Baby Bird!

Michelle said...

Praying the miracle continues - awesome news! Praising GOD with you!!! Our prayers will not cease!

Angie said...

Amazing! Truely amazing! How can people claim there isn't a God! We can't understand His ways, but they definitely bring us closer to Him! Thanks for sharing your pain and your joy, Jamie. Our prayers will not stop.

I'm Angie. said...

jamie i am so thrilled to read your latest update! that cute little foot is right! continued thoughts for you, babe and the whole fam!

Unknown said...

Praising God with you and Josh. So thankful that He answering our prayers. will continue to keep you, Josh, the boys and baby birdie in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Praising God with you! Hope and praise abound! We will continue to bring baby Bird before the one who made him/her in prayer for a miracle on their behaf!

Heather said...

Praise God for hope Jaime and the miracles that God can perform on our behalf! I will continue to pray with you for more fluid, more days with this baby safely in your womb and more hope in the weeks to come.

Melissa said...

I love seeing that sweet baby's face! And, being and ultrasound tech, I LOVE seeing those little baby parts floating in some fluid. I will pray for more black to appear on that ultrasound screen! Great news! Praying for more miracles every day!

Unknown said...

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. Thank you for sharing your journey *hugs*