Friday, September 2, 2011

Meals

God is not who I thought he was.

That is a good thing.

Let me explain.

My mom had three kids within three years.



Quite often, I remember her saying "I am at the end of a rapidly fraying rope."

Last weekend was rough. Josh and I both happened to hit empty at the same time. While trying to be a good mom to all three of my kids, I was definitely at the end of my rapidly fraying rope.

I have a hard time accepting help. I would rather kill myself then admit I can't do it all.

Recently, people have been asking if we needed meals. Josh and I have both put off these well intentioned folks.

Part of it was sheer exhaustion. I lacked the organization to coordinate who was coming, on what days, at what times. I never know when I am going to be home, and that changes daily based on how Tessa is.

The other, larger part, is that I feel like we have been so blessed and well taken care of. I don't want to wear out my welcome.

But, God knew what I needed.

He has done that over and over again. I can think back to so many different examples of how God has been faithful, even before I asked.



Groceries has been one of the harder things to keep up with. Night after night, I would open the pantry and see two pop tarts, spaghetti noodles, and a box of stuffing.



....and promptly head to McDonalds.

A few friends took it upon themselves to set up a meal schedule.



If you should feel inclined to help out, please e-mail Ann Steenwyk, who has so graciously offered to organize it.




kasteenwyk@charter.net

Thank you to everyone that has brought meals this far. We remain so grateful.



And because I love to share photos of Miss Tessa, I cannot leave you without a few favorites from today.




Look Grandma! No CPAP!




Matthew 6:25-26 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Isn’t there more to life than food and more to the body than clothing? 26 Look at the birds in the sky: They do not sow, or reap, or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them.


1 comment:

Judy said...

I love the pics! (especially the grandma one:) I'm so glad Ann is setting up the meals & help site and glad you agreed to it.You need the help and people want to help so it's a win/win for all of us. I'm praying for Tessa again tonight for good feedings,strong lungs and no heart problems. Praying for you & Josh too for peace,good sleep and strength for each day.