Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Good

The last time we talked, I was 24 weeks pregnant.

Dr. D, that is.



I had a blog post formulated in my mind, describing the rounding doctor from today. He looks like he should be running down the beaches of Southern California with the Hoff.

However, it is late.

I am tired.

Tessa had a long day, which makes mamma bird have a long day.

I know you were faithful in praying, so I wanted to share the good news.

ECHO was normal- there is a small issue, called PFO, something she will outgrow as she gets older. I did not catch all of the description- just "hole in heart" and "not an issue". I will probably have to follow up with a cardiologist sometime after she goes home.

Eye exam- looked normal. No signs of ROP at this time.

Did you know they give babies caffeine intravenously? No joke. It helps them remember to breath. They are trialing her off the caffeine, so hopefully she can come home without a monitor.

Physical therapy- Tessa had a small flat spot on her head when he visited her last week. I have worked hard to keep her off that spot, as we went through 8 long months of PT with Bryce for torticollis. Jason said it was much improved, and Tessa is right on track for development.

Many, many less desats over the past few days. Praise God for this, as it means less dinging! She also has gotten better with taking a bottle, and took two entire bottles for me today!

Tessa did have a vaccination today (DTAP), which made her breathing funny for a few hours. She had two bradys, which is very unlike her.

She cried for a lot of this afternoon. A pathetic, lip quivering whimper.

I hate it.


All the testing produced good news, but it was hard on the poor girl.

Thank you for the prayers offered up for all of these various tests- we appreciate it and are so thankful for the good news!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

She is a miracle baby!! Awesome test results Jamie, so happy for you!!

Unknown said...

So thankful for the good test results. PTL!

I heard a new song today and thought of your journey with Tessa. it's "Never Once" by Matt Redman

Chorus:Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Anonymous said...

she's getting so big! so glad to hear she's getting closer to going home. you must have met mitch - the neonatologist