Monday, September 12, 2011

62 days

She is a tiny bit blue here because she was in the middle of a desat. But good golly! She has what I refer to as "McCain jowls".




Today was the first day I have not seen Tessa in the 62 days she has been alive.

It is killing me.

After visiting last night, my mom went home and ended up getting violently ill in the middle of the night.

She arrived at our home away from home, Spectrum Hotel, for morphine and IV meds.

Thankfully, my mom is feeling better this morning.

When I called and asked what to do in regards to Miss Tessa, the nurse said it was better to be safe than accidentally expose her.

Have I mentioned it is killing me not to see her?

My mom feels awful, and we have been praying all day that Tessa remains free from whatever it is that she had.

Would you please pray for Tessa? If I don't catch and stop myself, I can work myself right back into hysteria. What if she gets sick, then they need to draw more blood, then she will need a transfusion, and the possibility of NEC....it is vicious.

Prayers:

She stays free from illness.

I stay illness free, too. Obviously, if I get sick, I will not be able to visit.

Another big test for Tessa is tomorrow's echo.

We are in the home stretch, and I hate to have anything deter us from the final goal: coming home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAYING!!!