Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rusty

Our bedroom:

The bed is unmade.

Her bassinet sits by, with a purple pipe careless thrown on the pink burp cloth.

Blankets are strewn in various places.

Used diapers sit by the door, awaiting trash removal.

The chair is angled to one side, so the TV can be viewed while rocking.

Pump pieces hang off the side of the bed.

Bottles line the sink, in various stages of the wash process.

In other words, beautiful chaos.

I have dreamed of this, waited for it, for over a year. It is a wonderful thing. I love having all my kids on one spot.

Glorious indeed!

Although I did forget just how little sleep newborns allow. It takes almost an hour and a half, from start to finish. By the time I pump, feed her, and then clean the supplies, there is only about an hour of sleep in between.

If Josh and I look a little haggard, know that we wear that title proudly!

So, so, so happy she is home.

Once we arrived home on Thursday, my mom had taken the boys to her house so Josh and I could get situated for an hour or so first.

I heard Bryce running up the stairs yelling, "Tessa, your big brothers are here!"

They could not be more proud.

We already had her first doctor visit, which was about at calamitous as could be. The take along monitor, ten pages of paperwork to fill out, two shots, one oral vaccine (complete with brady), her complete history revisited, and wanting to be fed right.now made me feel rusty!

Everyday, I thank God for choosing to give us this life.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's just like riding a bike again :) . Although this time it might feel like you have training wheels, in time you will be able to remove them and ride free!!!

Thank you so much for the update! It is pure joy to hear of this beautiful chaos.

Praise to the Lord the Almighty The King of Creation!

Anonymous said...

All I can think to say is "AMEN"

Anonymous said...

God is SO VERY Good!!!