Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bound to happen

It was bound to happen, with the year we have had.

Everyone told me it was on the horizon, and joked it was perhaps on the way already.

I was in denial.

Someone else, maybe, but certainly not me.

Today I took a good look in the mirror for the first time in ages.

Gray.

I found a gray hair.

Oy vey.

Old age has officially arrived, in the "stress induced expedited form".

I suppose acceptance is the only option; I have felt 32 going on 42 for the last few months anyhow.

Tessa had a good day.

Thank you so much for praying for her.

Her feedings went smoothly, her sats were stable, and her belly is back to a normal size.

My mom took day shift today, and said she did not spit up once.

I am so, so thankful.

Thank you for praying for her, and all your words of encouragement for Josh and I.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

You can always color away the gray!! So thankful to The Great Healer that Tessa had a better day!!

Kristi said...

With you hair coloring it doesn't look like gray, it looks like "highlights", at least that is what I tell people when I get comments on my hair color. Praying for more good days.

Judy H said...

I'm so thankful Miss Tessa had a better day today! Praising God with you. Hey, don't worry about a few gray hairs. You can yank 'em out for a while :)and she's worth it!

Mary said...

But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God.

~ Psalm 146:5, NLT

Blessings to and prayers for all of you!

Jamie Covey said...

I've had grays since I was 19! Finally gave in to color two years ago :) so thankful for good days with Tessa. I think of her and pray for you all everyday. New round of babies on the way, I'll be shopping soon ;)