Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thy Mercies...

are new every morning.

I came home last night to a clean house, non-stinky bathrooms, floors mopped, lights and dog gates fixed, pictures put back on the walls, groceries in my fridge....it was the purest act of love my parents could have given me.

It shouldn't matter, but it does make life seem more normal when my house is not absolute chaos.

Tessa is having a better day.

She has started pooping (thank you to all who prayed for such a crazy thing:-)

Her respiratory rates are still on the high side. They normally want babies to breathe between 20-60 per minute and she is consistently over 60. In order to start feeding her a bottle, they need to come down.

Her feedings are....mediocre. She still has residuals most of the time, but they are pushing to get her back to full feeds so they can stop monkeying around with the IV. She blows through them often. I will be happy once she is off IV nutrition, because I think (in my non-educated opinion, of course) that it could be why she is retaining fluid. PLUS, it is super fatty. One of the vials is pure lipids.

An exciting thing that came about because of NEC is that she is now on a human milk fortifier, instead of cow's milk. They basically take donor breast milk, sort it down to the purest elements, then add those to my milk. I have heard it is $200/ounce. With the cow's milk allergy that Bryce had, I am thankful for this change. Just in case.

Prayers:
that NEC would not return
infection would also stay away
feedings would progress smoothly
respiratory rates would come down
CPAP would no longer be needed
hemoglobin would come up

Thank you for praying continually for my little girl. We are thankful you have not given up on us yet!

PS- We hit the 5lb mark on Friday! She was 5 lb, 1 ounce last night. I am pretty sure half of it is in her cheeks.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Yes, God's mercy is new EVERY morning! HIS faithfulness is GREAT!! We continue to pray for his fence of angels around her room and for Jesus to touch and heal whatever it is that needs to be fixed for her to be healthy and able to go home with you!
Trust Him when dark doubts assail you,
Trust Him when your strength is small,
Trust Him, When to simply trust Him,
Seems the hardest thing of all!

grammyjan(mom) said...

yeah! 5 lbs! Go Tessa! Bless the sweet little dear! My prayers are continually with you and Tessa!

Anonymous said...

what a journey you guys are on! God has been so good, yet there is so much more to accomplish before she can finally come home. We are praying for you guys, all of you. Thanks for the updates and prayer lists. Love you. A Lyn