Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy One Month!

As it was my night with the boys, Josh suggested that I walk with them to the local park. A splash pad was installed a few weeks ago, and the boys really wanted to try it out.

After putting bathing suits and shoes on, each boy mounted their bike and headed out the door.

As a side note, I think my body turned eighty while spending so many weeks on bedrest. Oh my goodness! I cannot believe how winded I was by the time I got there.

Sometimes I wonder how two kids, raised the exact same, can turn out so differently?

From the get go tonight, Bryce was a maniac.

Kayden hesitantly rode down the hill, looking back to constantly make sure I was following. Always on the side of the road. Always stopping at street crossings.

At one point, Bryce's entire body was horizontal. Feet flying high in the air, rolling as fast as he can go. He prefers the middle of the road, and fell at least five times on the way to the park.

Once they decided it was too cold for the splash pad, we entered the skate ramps area.

Bryce immediately climbed the tallest ramp, and lunged down at full speed.

I had to coax Kayden into taking his bike down the smallest ramp. As I held the back of his bike during the ascent, the tiniest smile came across his face.

I asked him if I could help him go down again, to which he replied a firm no.

The park also has one of those old 15 foot metal slides. You know, the ones that are probably illegal as the only thing preventing him from tumbling off the side is two inches of a lip.

He sat at the top for a few minutes before digging in his sandals to ease slowly down.

I felt the whisper.

I could see myself while Kayden was going down that slide, ever so slowly.

A reminder from God that I might be missing the thrill of this time of life, while constantly being so cautious.

It's so easy to trust God when life is great, isn't it?

It's easy for me to have trust when I am on the reliable Fisher Price plastic slide.

So much more difficult when my child is in the NICU, and things are just plain scary.

I am a work in progress, I suppose.

Yesterday, Josh called to tell me Tessa was off her CPAP for three hours. My mom has been waiting and waiting to hold her, so we rushed up there to catch an hour's worth of cuddles for Grandma.



It was a huge blessing to kiss her head over and over and see all that beautiful blond hair again!



I thought this one was just plain funny.



One Month

28 Days

1440 Minutes

262800 Seconds

However you want to say it, Tessa is one month old today.

16 inches, 3 lbs, 8 ounces.

I am so grateful and thankful to God for this precious gift of time with Tessa. I cannot believe how much I love her. I still cannot believe she is here.

Thank you, as always, for keeping Tessa in your prayers. We are hoping and praying for many more uneventful days ahead!

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Happy 1 month birthday Miracle Girl!! Keep fighting, God has big plans for you!!

Anonymous said...

She is such a blessing, look at her in her cute little outfit! Had a blast holding her, that was a little touch of Heaven for me.

Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

What a huge celebration...1 month old!!!! We praise God daily for her presents and continue to pray for health and growth so your family can be complete at home. So happy your mom got to finally hold her granddaughter....also loved the pic that Josh had on Facebook yesterday of Tessa chillin' with her dad. God is good, but sometimes it's so just to remember that when you're in the middle of a difficult situation.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 month Birthday Sweet Tessa!! You are an awesome reminder of God's Greatness!!! Love all your blonde hair!!
We pray that you will continue to grow healthy and strong and that you will be home soon with your Mom, Dad, and 2 big brothers.
We continue to pray for you and your family daily.
Blessings
The Van Beeks

Leona said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! She looks GREAT! I have been reading your blog when I found it through Heather (mom4life webpage on Facebook)..
Your little girl looks wonderful and is growing so fast, just from picture to picture I can see such changes in her... SO exciting to see!

Anonymous said...

Happy one month to your miracle baby girl! Prayers will continue for, Josh, Tessa & the boys! Thank you for sharing your girl with us. It's a blessing to see God's handiwork through your beautiful little girl!

grammyjan(mom) said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Tessa!!! She's getting so big! And more beautiful every day! Look at all that blonde hair! Prayers will continue from our family to yours!

Judy said...

Happy 1 month birthday precious little Tessa. She looks so adorable in that picture!I love the pic of your mom holding her! I can only imagine her feelings (you can see it in her face, the pride and joy!)We continue to pray and give thanks. Fig & Jude

STEFFIEJ said...

HAPPY 1 MONTH BIRTHDAY PRECIOUS TESSA!!!....SORRY I AM THREE DAYS LATE...SO GLAD YOUR MAMA GOT TO HOLD HER...THAT'S AWESOME AND I AM LOVINGGGGGG THAT BLONDE HAIR!!!...SHE'S GOING TO BE A GORGEOUS GIRL LIKE HER MAMA!!!...PRAYING FOR UNEVENTFUL ISSUES AND MORE WEIGHT GAIN BY THE DAYS...GOD IS GREAT!!!