Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The small stuff

One trait I have inherited from my father is that I cannot leave things alone if they are broken/lost.

I will fuss and fuss until I fix the problem.

Birthday parties, church, appointments have been missed...all because I cannot find a specific shirt.

A few months ago, my computer printer would not print, so we stayed home instead of going out to eat with friends as planned.

It gets in my crawl space and I cannot let it go.

Real rational, huh?

Somehow, from the hospital to home yesterday, I lost my wallet.

Normally I would be frantic, non-functional even, without knowing where it is.

Being on the cusp of life and death for so many weeks, I have come to realize in the grand scheme of things what matters and what doesn't.

This doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I knew where it was. Our fridge is bare and I couldn't buy lunch today at the hospital without it. Unless some good Samaritan returns it, the Secretary of State office is not something I look forward to or currently have time for.

*If you are a police officer, disregard the previous sentences about my driving without a license handy.

I am realizing that I stress far too often about the small stuff. I get so wrapped up in things that don't actually matter.




In other news: the hospital has a special play time for siblings, so we are taking Bryce and Kayden tonight. I took a peek, and there are trains tables, basketball hoops, costumes, and fuse ball tables. I think they are really going to enjoy doing something special with mom and dad.

Daddy took a turn last night alone with Tessa, and it was nice to put the boys to bed. As I tucked him in, Kayden said "You're the best mommy ever".

Guy, I missed that.

3 comments:

STEFFIEJ said...

I JUST LOVE YOUR POSTS GIRLY!!! I FIND MYSELF CHECKING DAILY FOR ANY LIL' UPDATE SINCE I DON'T LIVE NEARBY TO COME AND VISIT YOU AND SHOW MY SUPPORT..I JUST LOVE READING YOUR STORIES..I SWEAR IN YOUR SPARE TIME :) YOU SHOULD BE A WRITER..YOU ARE GREAT AT THIS..HOW YOU LEAD OFF WITH PAST STORIES TO TALK ABOUT TODAY EVENTS..IT'S GREAT..GLAD YOU GOT TO BE THE ONE TO PUT THE BOYS TO BED...I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN DESPERATELY WANTING THAT FOR THIS PAST MONTH..SEE, THINGS DO HAVE A WAY OF WORKING OUT IN THE END...SO HAPPY FOR YOU..THANKS ALWAYS FOR SHARING..IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT TO WATCH TESSA GROW AND GET STRONGER VIA YOUR POSTS..YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOMMY MY FRIEND..NEVER DOUBT THAT ONE :)

Elizabeth Wojczynski said...

Jamie, we have not even met, but I taught at Redlands Christian for the last 4 years which is where I learned about you and your pregnancy. God is so good! And you are being used in unimaginable ways to be a blessing to people you don't even know. Thank you for your testimony and for your model of faith and honesty. Still praying,

Elizabeth Wojczynski

Anonymous said...

You crack me up and I am so excited to visit tomorrow.

Joan