Thursday, July 21, 2011

Crazy

My first kangaroo care time.

My mom lifting her up to be weighed.

Josh lifting her up to be weighed yesterday. The bed actually has a scale function, so it zeros out and then you set her back and it tells you if she is gaining or losing.

If I could sum up our life in on word right now, I think exhausted would cover it quite well.

Well, joyful exhaustion.

After I eat breakfast with the boys, I head up to the hospital until about 2pm, and then go back around 7-10pm. It makes for a lot of running.

Add to that pumping, which takes 30 minutes every three hours. Some days I feel pulled in every direction, but am so happy that we are in the position to BE pulled.

My dad said it best: from what this week could have been, we are thrilled.

I am sorry to those that have sent messages. I have gotten them, and am so thankful you are checking in. I promise to write back soon. Please keep them coming!

For those that have been around for a while, I referenced this post a while ago:

http://mollypiper.com/2010/01/why-i-didnt-blog-my-pregnancy-fear/

I have read and re-read it a hundred times.

Today I was talking to Tessa's neighbor, two doors down. He has all sorts of problems- liver not working, on the highest oxygen setting, kidneys not functioning.

Last night, they were called in at 1:30 am to say their goodbyes.

This evening, my mom talked to his dad and he is doing better.

Seeing sick babies day in and day out makes it hard for me to relax. There are so many things that could go wrong.

Tessa continues doing well, but I still am having a hard time trusting.

I wish I could say I was doing better with the fear of the future. Night time is the most difficult for me, and I usually wake up three to four times to check my phone to make sure I did not miss a phone call from the NICU.


We meet with the neonatologist tomorrow for a question and answer time, and for him to go over her progress and goals.


Please just continue to pray for God's favor to rest on Tessa.

8 comments:

Jamie Covey said...

Not a day goes by without me thinking of you and Tessa. Continued prayers your way!

STEFFIEJ said...

PRECIOUS PICTURES!!..THANKS FOR ALWAYS SHARING SO FREELY..THEY ARE ALLLLLL WONDERFULL IN THEIR ON LIL' WAY BC I KNOW THEY ARE ALL BITTER SWEET MEMORIES..YOU DISLIKE YOU ARE HAVING TO GO THRU ALL THIS..BUT SOOOO THANKFUL SHE IS HERE TO GO THRU IT FOR..THE PRECIOUS MIRACLE BABY!! THE PICTURE OF YOU WITH HER JUST MELTS MY HEART..I CAN JUST SEE ALL OVER YOUR FACE HOW "IN LOVE" YOU ARE WITH HER..AND IT MAKES MY HEART SMILE...TO GOD BE THE GLORY..FOR GIVING YOU YOUR PRECIOUS GIRL!!! LOVE YA FRIEND!!

Lisa said...

The smile on your face says it all! Congratulations!

Aunt Lyn said...

love you Jamie and family. ♥♥♥♥♥ you are in our prayers.

Kallie said...

I still cry everytime I see pictures or read an update. Still amazed by this answered prayer! And praying for the little guy next door..I think his mom was one of my teachers? I've been following their info on facebook and it seems to match up.
Looking forward to seeing you all again soon :) LOVE!

Unknown said...

absolutely love the first pic...Jamie, you look so happy...so in love. :) continue to pray that each day Tessa is getting stronger and will stay infection free.

Anonymous said...

Jamie, you look beautiful with your precious little Tessa in your arms!

Love you guys.

Jen said...

Even though we don't know one another, our family has been diligently praying for strength for Tessa and your family, as well as patience for you and your husband. As a mom with a child that spent only two nights in the NICU, I cannot imagine a long journey there. However,Tessa is getting the best possible care at HDVCH. I know it is hard to trust that she will remain healthy and present here on this earth but remember who we serve and how much He has carried you this far! We serve an AWESOME God!