Friday, July 8, 2011

An anniversary of sorts

We are one month into summer.

One month into boating, beaches, pools, and gardening. One month into cottages, long night time walks with firefly backdrops, park play dates, watermelon and Popsicles.

My absolute favorite time of the year.

I am sure for those of you on the outside, summer is flying by. It always does for me. Each visitor comes sporting the sun-kissed skin that I long for.

Today, I have been here one month.

It also marks the first day my three year old swam without floaties...and I didn't get to be a part of it.

Have I mentioned I really miss being at home with my kids?

Advance warning- this post is about to get random.

Although I don't want to admit it, I had a preconception about Spectrum. Due to the sheer size, I thought perhaps the care was lacking and impersonal.

It has been anything but.

You all know I adore my OB, by the nurses have been fantastic as well. They welcome the boys with a cheery greeting every day as they pass the station. After the NICU meeting, one of my favorite nurses sat on the edge of our bed and encouraged us, knowing how hard that meeting would be. You would think I have moved in if you happened upon my room. They encouraged me to make it my own. Tape was laid, so my floor sports 2 three point lines and a free throw mark. Matchbox cars and trucks line the entrance.

If I could sum up this pregnancy, I think it could best be described by two words:

Assume Nothing.

Every time I think I have things figure out with this baby girl, they change.

I am forever grateful for my parents and Josh- who switch meals with me if I don't like the hospital choice, clean my room, take the kids without complaining, comfort me when I cry myself to sleep, and play cards to pass the time.

Thanks for sticking with us. We appreciate the prayers, cards, visits, and goodies.

I think I have another ultrasound Monday to check things out and will update with any news. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been in our thoughts and prayers a lot and pray God blesses you with the miracle we've all been praying for. We also pray you will be given the patience you need as you wait for God's timing. Monica

Judy said...

Jamie, your post has been a great reminder for me to appreciate everything about summer and not to complain,even about the heat. Tonight we came home from the cottage to our air conditioning not working. It didn't take long for us to become very warm and irritable while unpacking. I have a different perspective since reading your blog. We continue to pray for you,Josh,baby Tessa,the boys and your families. So glad to hear the staff is taking such good care of you up there at Spectrum. We'll pray for an encouraging ultrasound report Monday.

Anonymous said...

So thankful for each and every day you are safe and sound there! Praying that you see three more anniversaries! Praying for God's love and peace to surround you, Tessa to thrive and have more fluid, and time to pass quickly!