Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Round 1B

As soon as I finish this pill set, I can start building up my uterus for a FET. I am not trying to be a huge complainer, but two things happen when I am on the pill.

1) I bleed. Every day.

2) I get headaches. Every day.

So, I am thrilled to be four days away from ending this round of BCPs.



Meet Lupron. She is a butt shot, and stops all ovulation.



I am not sure if I did not see the needle last time, or if I was so excited to start the process that I did not notice how HUGE it is....


_________________________________________



We decided to do a "medicated" FET.



Technically, I could try to do a FET "naturally", meaning timed with my regular ovulation.



Two things have to line up perfectly to give the embryo a fighting chance with a natural FET: the maturity of the embryo (mine are 5 days old) and how far past ovulation you are (so they would have to transfer at 7 days past ovulation). If either of these are even slightly off, it could result in losing the embryos.



So, for that reason alone, we decided to do a "medicated" FET. Even if it means big shots.



A medicated FET involves:


Lupron to stop ovulation


Estrace- two pills, three times a day


Vivelle Dot Patch- one patch every other day. Seriously, I hope my hair does not fall out. The recommended dose is one patch every third day. I am taking twice the recommended amount, along with ANOTHER whole dose of Estrogen (Estrace).


Five Days before Transfer, I start Progesterone in Oil. I take this shot for five days, until January 14th, where (hopefully) I will get to transfer two of our frosties.





Next Appointment: 3pm on December 28th. This will be a baseline ultrasound to make sure everything has cleared up from the OHSS and my estrogen levels look normal.

No comments: