Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Two events

Monday Morning, I could not sleep.

and not because of Tessa.

My mom texted me around 2 am, and told me that my brother and his wife were at Metro.

Alexis was on her way.

Well, how does a girl go to sleep after that?

Anxiously awaiting updates, I read as she went from a 2 to a 7 to delivering. Cherished memories of my brother holding her for the first time, and Amber taking a peek at Alexis' beautiful face flooded my phone as I fed Tessa in the darkness of the night.

Happy.

So incredibly happy.

I texted my brother right before Alexis was delivered and told him there was still time to change her name to Jamie.

Anyway, here she is. Isn't she a beauty?

I cannot wait for them to be the best of friends.



We also took some photos of Tessa Sunday night. What you cannot see are the dump trucks and mounds of cars surrounding her, as the only room with natural light in our house is the boy's playroom.


What a contradiction, I thought, as I took the pictures. She was in the girliest outfit imaginable plopped in the middle of a sea of trains and hammers and swords.


Tessa also had a doctor's appointment today to check her weight.




My little chunky cheek girl is up to 7 lbs, can you believe it?


Her hemoglobin has raised to a nice level- 9.2. We praise God it is going in the right direction!


Both days- my new niece arriving and Tessa's original due date-would have been horribly difficult days, if Tessa's outcome would have been different.

I am so thankful and grateful God spared her life!


Psalm 30:11 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.


We are dancing like David over here, friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two beautiful babies!! Tessa looks so cute and so exciting that she is getting "chunky". We thank God with you that you are all home together and pray she gets stronger every day. What a precious miracle...God is Good!! Monica

Mary said...

Dance and sing and tweet and twitter and warble away, all you Birds! All praise to Tessa's Creator and Provider!! Truly the Lord is good!