Wednesday, October 12, 2011

3 months old!

Have you ever bartered with God?

Tessa still has her days and nights mixed up.

While it would be a stretch to say I would choose it this way, there is something special about it being just her and I, alone, in the quiet.

Flipping through channels late last night, Toddlers and Tiaras was on our DVR so I decided to watch it.

I flashed back to the day I was laying in my hospital bed, bartering with God that if He let me keep her I would never put her in a pageant like that.

I intend to honor that barter:-)

A few different posts are banging around this dense head of mine; I can't seem to sit down to complete any of them! Being home could possibly be as busy as driving back and forth to the hospital....but it feels so different when it's a joyful busy instead of a stressful busy!

She continues to grow and I can tell she is starting to "see" me. She loves to eat (obviously) and is doing really well on that front.

We have another eye exam tomorrow. I am hoping it is the last one, as they are long and uncomfortable appointments.

Today, Bryce was sitting next to her on the play mat and she was squawking. I overheard him say "Zip it, Lock it, Put it in your pocket, Baby Tessa."

A few of you have kindly reminded me that I need to post a picture every now and then, so here you go:










Sorry for the spit up halfway. Just had to show those amazing dimples!

On a more serious note, I have promised God that I would share her miraculous story and His awesome provision whenever and wherever He would lead me to do so. That I would not say "No" if someone asked me to share it, regardless of my feelings about public speaking.

As such, there are a few different times in the near future I will be sharing her story. If you don't mind, I would love prayers for this. That I would convey exactly what God wants me to, so that He can be glorified for the amazing things He has done for our family. Her story is so long and sometimes it is hard to know which parts to share and with whom. And, of course, that I don't wet myself:)

4 comments:

Rachaelb said...

Happy 3 month birthday sweet Tessa!!!

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Jamie - I remember way back when I heard your sister-in-law was due around the same time as you, that if Tessa didn't make it, it would be SO terribly hard - - and now look at the two of them!! God is SO good!! We will pray for you with your speaking engagements too! Marva

Michelle said...

Just popping over to take a looky at Tessa's photos :)

You have our prayers, friend.
God has gifted you this amazing miracle and a story to share. You will do it with grace and confidence because HE will give you words to speak. His Glory shines through Tessa's very life and God choose you to tell of it -- all of your days.

You can do it. We will pray. To God be the Glory!

Sending love.

Lisa said...

{LOVE} those cheeks and those deep dimples! I always told people I married my husband because of his blue eyes and his dimples, lol! You have been blessed with the wonderful gift of writing. You always give insight and truth with just a bit of humor to keep yourself real! The same One who gave you this gift will give you the "right" words to use in each unique situation. Thank you for sharing each step of your journey!