Monday, January 17, 2011

I made it to Transfer! YAY!

Praise God! Praise God!

I made it to transfer. For that, I am thankful.

We left the house at 7:45 am, and knew there was a slight possibility that we could get a call on the way there that our embies had not made it.

Around 9:15, my phone rang. I think both of our hearts stopped. Thankfully, it was just Josh's sister calling to tell us she was praying for us.

We arrived at 10:15, with a full bladder. Instructions were for 3 glasses of water, and I was feeling it.

The office was so busy, as this was the first procedure week since before Christmas. We waited over an hour to even get back into a room. I was gritting my teeth because I had to go to the bathroom so bad.

They had me drink more water to take Valium and Motrin, did some preliminary paperwork, drew blood, the nurses made a few jokes about how tall Josh is and had to get the "special big man gown and mask".

I am so thankful Dr. Shamma came right away to tell me that I was next.

They led me into the procedure room and checked to make sure my bladder was full enough through ultrasound.

"Yes, you have a great bladder" the nurse said. I will get Dr. Shamma.

The embryologist then came in to verify our embryos matched the ones being inserted into the catheter. I got to see our beautiful little embies for the first time:


The picture on the right is when they actually insert them into the uterus.

The top one is a hatching blast, which is further developed than the bottom one. I think that is called a expanding blast.

All in all, it was very quick. The very worst part of all of it was trying NOT to go to the bathroom. I was shaking because they were pressing on my bladder from all sides.

Then I had to lay for five minutes on the table before using the restroom.

A half hour of downtime is required before being sent home. I was just overjoyed the entire time that I actually made it to transfer. I sent the picture of the embies to my mom, who just started bawling.

Not that this means we will get a positive pregnancy, but I am happy to have the chance.

I got home to a bunch of goodies from Michelle and Nat, who were together praying through the course of this day. I, of course, burst into tears again at how gracious God is for giving me such great friends.

I feel at peace right now. I love the hope I have; it feels good. God is good.


1 comment:

Bethany said...

The bathroom part is the worst! With Payton, they told me to pee on the table! I was like, huh? LOL