Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No news

No new news is just that...

No news.

Nothing better, nothing worse.

We are grateful for the nothing worse part. My ultrasounds usually alternate between great and horrible, so secretly I think all of us were praying for "not horrible" after our last appointment.

Dana the ultrasound tech, whom I adore, said she thinks there might just be a little more fluid.

My amniotic fluid index is around 3.5, which is still very, very low....but not unsurvivable. Only once born will we know the true lung capacity. 10-20% of babies survive this, so we will just pray and petition the Lord that we are in that percentage.

With my previous pregnancies, the pregnancy part was more of a time waster. I viewed the pregnancy as the previews and birth and life as the show.

I have a different perspective this time around. I don't take movement or time for granted, and feel more in tune with likes and dislikes and how I can get the baby moving the most.

List of Five Things I Know About This Baby:

5. Time of conception. Two embryos were implanted on 1-14-11 at 11:34 and 42 seconds.

4. I receive the most movement if I am laying down.

3. As odd as this sounds, the baby really likes it if I drum my fingers against my belly.

2. Coke seems to motivate a few good kicks.

1. It's a girl. Josh and I have suspected for a while, but weren't 100% sure because of the lack of fluid.

Dana finally got a clear shot tonight.

Please meet our first daughter, Tessa Landrey, and the scripture we chose for her doll:


Origin of the name:

Growing up, all of my cousins were much older than me. Well, not really, but three to four years is huge when you are 12.

Around the age of 16, my cousin Tom met Rochelle. Her and I became fast friends. Some day I will have to recall the story of us paddling down the creek on a large Styrofoam board and screaming to be rescued from the 1 inch waterfall. Our male rescuer must have thought it was a rather large waterfall, because he ran Baywatch style through the weeds and muck and snakes to save us.

Anyway, she has a sister named Tessie and I always loved the name. Imagine my surprise when I looked up the meaning after we decided on it and the name stands for "Harvester".

I pray she produces a good harvest, and gets the chance to do so here.

What's the plan?

Staying inactive for the next few weeks. Dr. B has no idea if or when I could face a placental or bag rupture. To be safe, I am laying low as much as possible.

In two more weeks, I will have one final ultrasound with Dr. B to check measurements, placenta function, amniotic fluid, and chorion-amnion separation. If God decides between now and then to perform a miracle, and I have normal amounts of fluid, I can stay clear of Spectrum.

Otherwise, my bags will be packed, hopefully for the long haul.

Today, we are thankful for no news.

Thankful for another day.

Thankful for our first daughter, and the gift God has blessed us with.

Praying we make it to viability, and ultimately a healthy baby.

Thank you, as always, for celebrating this life with us and praying us through the storms.

10 comments:

The Wiersma's said...

Praying hard for tiny miss Tessa! May God meet each of her needs and perform a miracle to keep her growing safe and strong!

Unknown said...

Thankful God with you tonight that there is no bad news...will continue to pray for a miracle, that little Tessa will continue to grow healthy and strong. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her name. so cute!!!

natalie said...

Oh Jam, we love little Tessa, and will continue to pray for her precious life. Thankful tonight for the hope that "no news" brings. Love you friend.

STEFFIEJ said...

SWEET LIL' "TESSA LANDREY"..YOU ARE ALREADY SOOOOO LOVED BEYOND WORDS BY YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY AND SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE...SO THANKFUL FOR WHAT I FEEL IS A GOOD REPORT ALSO..I'M THINKING THESE DAYS NO BAD NEWS IS A GREAT REPORT!!..AND I STILL BELIEVE WE HAVE A GOD THAT CAN AND WILL COMPLETELY DELIVER THIS MIRACLE WE ALL ARE PRAYING FOR..HE IS THE SAME ALL MIGHTY GOD THAT IS BY YOUR SIDE THRU THIS WHOLE PREGNANCY AND WILL HEAR EVERY PRAYER THAT IS PRAYED FOR HER AND FOR YOU...I TRULY BELIEVE THAT WITH ALL MY HEART..LOVE THE VERSE..IT'S PERFECT..AND YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MY THOUGHTS AND IN PRAYERS MY FRIEND!!! LOVE YA DEARLY AND YOU MAKE SURE YOU REST YOUR LIL' BODY AND MIND TOO..LET HIM BRING YOU PEACE...COMPLETE PEACE!!

Judy said...

I'm thanking God with you and Josh and your family tonight.Tessa is a lovely name for your sweet baby girl.I will keep praying and hoping for the miracle we all long for.Love you guys!

Jessica said...

praying for you guys... for a miracle for your lil' Tessa

JULIAN & Co. said...

Jamie, Tessa Landrey is the sweetest name ever! I wont stop praying for you. xoxo

Melissa VanderMeulen said...

Tessa is beautiful! What a precious littl life. Praying that God will sustain that life and grow her lungs more and more everyday.

Heather L said...

I love the name Jamie! And this statement rang so true in my heart as well. "With my previous pregnancies, the pregnancy part was more of a time waster. I viewed the pregnancy as the previews and birth and life as the show." Sending you hugs!

Jody Pritchard/Smith & Family said...

So sorry Jamie for your many struggles with this pregnancy. May God watch over you, bless you & keep you safe during this trying time. We truly need to trust HIM during this time of need & uncertainty! Praying for a miracle as your daughter sounds like she is a fighter! Stay strong in your faith, together as a family.